Sign in to follow this  
toketog

Dahua dvr quality problem

Hello everybody, i have installed a dahua dvr in a remote place and i am connecting over the internet to watch the isnstalled cameras, but i realized that there is difference in the quality from camera to camera...In the settings i see that in the first channel when i choose D1 resolution the maximum frame rate is 25 an maximum bitrate is 4096, but in the rest 7 channels in D1 resolution the maximum fps is 6 and maximum bitrate is 1024... Why is that happening ? The current BIOS Version is 2.908.0000.1, Build 2012-2-15.. I have to do any update ?

What unit do you have, what is the model?

Your unit probably is 1ch D1 25fps and 7ch CIF 25fps; that means that channel 1 is D1@25fps and the rest of the channels are either CIF@25fps or D1@6fps. That is a hardware limitation, you will not solve it with a firmware upgrade. If you want D1@25fps on all the channels, you need to upgrade the DVR.

There is nothing wrong with the DVR. Call who ever you purchased it from and ask him if you can return it and than

buy a FULL D1 Dahua dvr from him. I don't even know why a manufacturer would make such a DVR!

There is nothing wrong with the DVR. Call who ever you purchased it from and ask him if you can return it and than

buy a FULL D1 Dahua dvr from him. I don't even know why a manufacturer would make such a DVR!

I doubt that is a new unit. Firmware from 2 years ago... I do not remember the model name for the 1ch D1+7ch CIF models, but they have been discontinued for quite a long time.

Either way, there is nothing wrong with it. He has the economy model and if he wants full D1 on every channel, he

might be able to try to update it, but most likely have to buy a new one that is FULL D1 on every channel.

Either way, there is nothing wrong with it. He has the economy model and if he wants full D1 on every channel, he

might be able to try to update it, but most likely have to buy a new one that is FULL D1 on every channel.

Yes, he HAS to buy a new one if he wants full D1 on each channel, that's what I meant on my first post with "you need to upgrade the DVR". I did not mean a software upgrade, an update will do nothing.