jdcaduceus

Outdoor ip camera recommendation

Hey all. I am looking for a top of the line outdoor dome camera that can do 5mp with full hd at least 720p with 30fps. IR and low light capability is very much a plus. Don't need ptz but need top of the line ip camera for project that digital zoom can determine facial aspects 50 ft out. Budget is open to about $2000-4000 per camera. Cameras must be POE

This will be on cat 6 line on a gigabit switch attached to NVR.

Any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Just a note. I have some axis cameras already in the M series and was not too impressed with live video feed over Poe. It was grainy and not crisp/clear. I need something that is crystal clear that is quality that works over Poe in an NVR.

I am using Synology NAS with their surveillance station software.

Anyone have any suggestions on brands/models?

The best low light IP cameras are only 1.3MP/720P or less and have 30 fps frame rate.

Some newer low light cameras have 60 fps frame rate but are still only 1.3MP/720P.

The M series from Axis are not true day/night cameras.

So don't expect great low light performance.

Axis P3364 LVE. I'm not aware of anything better in the $1000 price range as of a year or so ago. Avigilon has released their Lightcatcher line since then, and Bosch's Starlight series is worth a look. I haven't seen any footage to compare them with the P3364 Lightfinder though.

edit: I missed the 5mp part of your request. The P3384 might work for you if you need 5mp.

The best low light IP cameras in a dome enclosure have a compact vari-focal lens:

2.5mm-6mm @ F1.2

3mm-9mm @ F1.2 (p-iris)

3.3mm-12mm @ F1.4

3mm-8.5mm @ F1.2

If you want facial recognition under low light @ 50' distance, a box camera with much larger lens is recommended.