glocklt4

Dahua IPC-HDB3200C on Hikvision DS-7608 NVR

I am running 4 HikVision cameras on this NVR, but I bought a Dahua 3200 to add indoors (one that allows me to rotate camera for wall mount). I thought that this would work Plug-and-Play, but it doesn't appear to.

I can access the camera just find over 192.168.1.108 port 80 for web viewing and setup, but when I plug into NVR it cannot recognize it. I've tried messing around with several settings with no luck. I cannot seem to find good instructions for how to do this.

Anyone able to help?

Take a look at all the hik cameras IP addresses- maybe found in the networking page of the nvr. Then maybe with the dahua on it's own in the web service app for it, give it a similar IP address and take it off DCHP afterwards, so the address you give it sticks. If all the hik cameras are for example, 110.20.5.1, 110.20.5.5, etc, give the dahua 110.20.5.15. Make the first three sets of numbers the same as the hiks but change the last number to one that isn't used by the hik cameras. Then plug it into the nvr and see. Might not work, but at least it would put the address of the dahua in the same subnet as the nvr is dishing out to the cameras. If not, put it back on it's own, change the address back to the original and go another way. I have no idea if this would work, so I don't know if this would screw up access to the camera afterwards, if it doesn't. But others have reported being able to put a laptop or netbook into the same subnet as a hik [swann] nvr and hit the cameras web service page, so it may work.

Thank you both! I did both of these (config port 9988) as well as giving it an IP on the same subnet and that worked!!