victorb

Can I change web UI of generic wireless IP cam?

I bought a generic Wireless IP cam from Hong Kong. The tag on the side say it is a Plug and Play IP Camera, Model: IP935FW. It works fine and everything but the web UI is lacking some features I need. The main features I would like is to be able to set how many pictures it takes when the alarm is tripped, the interval between each picture and the time before the alarm resets. Right now the camera takes a single picture after each alarm trip and the alarm resets after 30 seconds. It offers no way to adjust these settings. I would like to set it to take 3 pictures 3 seconds apart at each alarm trip and to reset after 1 minute. In my searching I looked at hundreds of cameras that were from different brands, but all appeared to be identical externally. I am just wondering if it would be possible to load a different web UI on this camera. I know this is a very technical question and there a lot of questions that need to be answered before I could attempt something like this, but I am just wondering if anyone out there has tried or done this and if it is possible?