I have been trying to get some stable performance out of this and I am about to give up and go with any other card. I seem to get a system crash if left open to internet. If I use ZoneAlarm to stop traffic all is well.(except for LAN connection) Time and time again this is the case rarely without fail. I can not use FXclient on any machine on LAN while being able to connect fine otherwise to all systems(but not with netpromax SW). I have shut down all apps, makes no difference. I logon and connectivity is confirmed but nothing viewable just black screen. I have connected before on occasion but only by chance after retrying every possible configuration over and over connecting once in a great while. I have reinstalled but no luck. Can anyone offer some assistance or am I off to the mail order for something else?

Modell

Nothing is ever run on this P4 2.4 gig 1 gig of ram Intel system but Netpromax. I keep it running 24/7 and never a problem otherwise.

Which would that be? Sales, consulting or marketing? I asked for help at one point I believe from the site where I purchased the card. I got a number to call where I was on hold for some time and got cut off.I got a royal runaround when I ordered connectors I got an empty package. I emailed then and gave up totally. I wondered if Netpromax cared who sold their product at that point. I then selected the poll of the truly wise ones on this site. It doesn't seem like there are very many people that use this product.

Are there any firewalls installed on the DVR Server PC?

Is windows XP firewall enabled?

You say nothing else is installed at all besides the DVR software?

Does it also have an Internal Static IP setup?

Are you having problems locally, or remotely?

Is this a NetProMax built PC DVR or did you install the card yourself?

I would say any of them, they are generally good with their support, and there is a couple of members who use them, the thing is that try to exhaust all venues before dumping the card, if everything else fails, I can tell you one thing, go with Video-Insight, it's a great system for the price.

I have ZoneAlarm firewall installed and AVG anti Virus SW. I have tried removing this for testing but no luck. If I leave the system exposed to net without firewall system will crash most of the time eventually. If I block traffic with firewall system runs fine day in and day out. I have firewall configured to allow client access and have connected previously but have no idea why or how. I installed this card myself with no difficulties. I have router allowing port forwarding but have not tried internet connection. My problems are so far connecting systems on LAN. Otherwise everything works fine. My IP is 192.168.1.101 behind a router of coarse and have no trouble with any other connection.

Thanks for your reply.

Modell

Okay, with the firewall enabled you will have to make sure all the ports for the DVR are opened in the firewall or if one that is required is not open, you may be able to connect, but may not show video. I set up a couple NetProMaxes but that was a year or so ago, cant remember off hand. Windows XP SP2 also has a firewall so need to check that as well. Once you use TCP / UDP Port Filtering a firewall is generally not required.

Anyway, check out these 2 posts and see if they help in any way.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=32896&highlight=#32896

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3287

Rory

I would say any of them, they are generally good with their support, and there is a couple of members who use them, the thing is that try to exhaust all venues before dumping the card, if everything else fails, I can tell you one thing, go with Video-Insight, it's a great system for the price.

Actually I will never give up even if I do get another card. I will exhaust every resource I find available and never give up unless others are going through the same with no results.

Thanks.

Okay, with the firewall enabled you will have to make sure all the ports for the DVR are opened in the firewall or if one that is required is not open, you may be able to connect, but may not show video. I set up a couple NetProMaxes but that was a year or so ago, cant remember off hand. Windows XP SP2 also has a firewall so need to check that as well. Once you use TCP / UDP Port Filtering a firewall is generally not required.

Anyway, check out these 2 posts and see if they help in any way.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=32896&highlight=#32896

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3287

Rory

Thanks for the reply. I have made sure that ports 2000 to 2010 are open just to make sure. I do get connection but no picture and when I check to see the system is on 2002 and can not connect unless I have cleint set to 2004. I was not sure if the video was on a different port or not. I try to logon under LAN/internet but whenever I do connect it switches to group 1**. I do remember connecting almost automatically at one point but it said LAN./internet and not group 1. I don't even understand what this "group" thing is anyway.

Sounds like a job for Netpromax tech support, were you able to get a response from them as yet?

Just a FYI they use the same cards as Video insight.

Is it just not showing video on one PC or a few, could be a Video Card issue (DirectX or Codec not installed properly)?

Also, what about firewalls on the Client PCs ..?

I am totally unable to connect with any computer on my LAN. I have mainly been trying one system that is next to the Netpromax system that did connect. I get many different desults from never connecting to crashing of FXClient SW on laptop and other systems on LAN. I am using an ATI 9600 video card if that makes a difference. I can install one of many others I have if need be.

No, that Card is fine, just make sure all the ATI Drivers are installed, and also DirectX 9.0. Though i havent had a problem with a Client PC before. The client software should install any Codecs that the Client PC doesnt have.

ATI is a hard install to get right as far as I can tell as I have had several. I am sure mine is installed ok and worked fine before Netpromax. I realize sometimes there might be a problem if some drivers are installed out of order so I have been trying to find that order somehow by chance if no one knows for sure. so far no luck in that respect either.

Please contact directly to Netpromax, and we will figure it out.

By the way, can you give model number of the card?

Our card program is not promoted to the public, and is available only to the security integrators who ask fo it.

You will still get direct support until there is some resolution.

I apologize if you had difficulty contacting us.

Please contact me ASAP.

-----------------------

DVR spec requirement MUST be matched!

Intel CPU

Intel Chipset 800 series

ATI Radeon 7000 or better

256 MB RAM minimum.

Remove all applications.

Remove zonealarm. Disable Windows firewall or open ports 2002-2004 in windows firewall.

If you have XP SP2, it is safe to trust router's firewall.

Networking relatively easy with Netpromax. Please call or email.