magnumfinger

Newbie Question: Will A CCTV Camera Record With This Setup?

I saw a CCTV camera in my room with its yellow cable connected but its red cable disconnected. I understand the latter is used for power. Just being paranoid, I check the playback of the CCTV to see if someone was secretly recording what I'm doing inside my room and I saw nothing. (I share the room with my brother by the way).

So I'm asking if a CCTV camera can record without its red cable connected while its yellow cable is connected?

Thanks.

Yes the camera can be recording. but to what. yellow is video, Where is the other end of the yellow cable going too. Is it just Yellow Cable to TV Video input.

Yes the camera can be recording. but to what. yellow is video, Where is the other end of the yellow cable going too. Is it just Yellow Cable to TV Video input.

Hi, I checked the cable now and saw the yellow male connector (from the CCTV Box) is connected to a female cable with a name "video" (from the CCTV Camera). Basically, it's a yellow cable inserted to a video input. The red one remains disconnected.

Hi, I checked the cable now and saw the yellow male connector (from the CCTV Box) is connected to a female cable with a name "video" (from the CCTV Camera). Basically, it's a yellow cable inserted to a video input. The red one remains disconnected.

Obviously your brother connects it when the evidence is required.

Obviously your brother connects it when the evidence is required.

Yes, "evidence"... Like when he brings someone in the room, and wants to keep a recording for the future