Sign in to follow this  
thewelshman

Converting bnc to vga

I have been asked to replace the bulky cctv screens in our security office with LCD's.

Just one problem, the current monitors have a BNC connector and the lcd's only have a VGA input.

Is there a converter box available that will allow me to run the cctv images through the lcd's?

buy a lcd with a RCA video input and then buy a BNC to RCA connector. BUT, check your LCD resolutions as compared to the "tube" becasue if you buy cheap LCD's it will show up when you swap them out.

I apologize CM. Won't happen again. I just figured why let him get ripped off at a higher price direct from the manufacturer.

what? someone recommends a product based on "saving" and "quality" without any incentive? How dare you.................

come on CM...............if we can't recommend why even ask.........

belive when I say this. there are LOTS of customer out there..........go get yours! this forum is NOT your back yard.

Thanks VST, you said what I was thinking. Its not like I was sending him to my website or telling him to PM me so I can try and get a sale. I just know ***Town has excellent customer support and the product was less expensive there then the Manu's www. Also, any direct questions I am sure ***Town would answer for him being that they have had experience with the product.

Come on guys i didn't mean it like that. I mean how can it be fair for everyone if we send people to dealers/retailers websites. plus theres a reason why people pay to advertise on this forum

If you have all the LCDs you need and do not plan on buying anymore, the conversion module would be ok. If you do not, consider an LCD with a BNC connection or RCA connection. Some come with sound also if that interests you.