Sign in to follow this  
sammuslmani

setting up a 16 channel system

Hello all.this is my first post and it seems that i'm asking too much.Please forgive me,i hope i'm not annoying you.

I'm trying to set up a 16 channel system (8 indoor HD SDI and 8 good outdoor quality analog).

we currently have a computer with an 16 channel "A-LOGIC AM 7416" capture card and a "talon" software,recorded video is not acceptable anymore.

i build computers,but i have no knowledge about these cards at all.and i'm not so sure about a stand alone dvr unit as i plan to install 12tb of discs to keep recording at high resolution constantly.

i was looking to buy 2 geovision GV-SDI-204 for 8 hd sdi cameras(GW Security GW788HDSDI) and a GV-1480-16 for 8 other cameras(GW50WD 700TVL).

can i do that? put all 3 cards in 1 computer without issues(motherboard with 5 pcie',I7 processor...etc),and be able to record decent video and audio(audio in cashier room only),and view it remotely? would i be able to use an integrated a point of sale software(that could work with Exxon-mobil's Nucleus)to view transactions on camera,

or do these cards come with any?

would there be somewhere to subscribe to view remotely?

do i need any accessories?

what's a GV-Net I/O ? what's a "repeater"?

would i need any?

where to buy them?

some places have them more than $200 cheaper than others.worried about counterfiet.

thanks in advance for any help offered.