Sign in to follow this  
lishper

DS-2CD3332-I Wall Mount?

I've been searching through Hikvisions various cameras and I think this one looks great for what I'm looking for. My only issue is that I can't find a compatible wall mount for this. I live in an apartment and running cabling through the walls is a no-go, so I'd prefer to find a wall mount and then just run the PoE down the wall like I have done with my crappy cameras. Is there a wall mount for this camera or should I look at a comparable model?

Thanks!

I have one of these cameras(the 2CD2332-I European version at least) and I wanted it mounted outside on a wall. I decided the easiest option was to buy the associated DS-1239ZJ aluminium wall bracket/junction box. This is the one listed under accessories in the DS-2CD2332-I brochure and also cross referenced as being correct on the Hikvision web site. Beautifully made and VERY expensive (50% the cost of the camera!) so imagine my disappointment to find the (six) mounting holes on the bracket in no way match up to the (three) mounting holes on the camera. No idea what camera this bracket was originally intended for, but certainly not the 2332.

In the end I elected to drill two holes in the camera mount casting that aligned correctly with two of those on the bracket. Even then some fettling was required along with a countersunk hole to clear the camera cowl. Camera looks and works well on the mount but you would think Hikvision would at least verify the compatibility. Other than this one there is no other mount available.

244566_1.jpg

I also had to drill a hole in the side for the Cat5 cable.

My concern is with the drill holes lining up with the mount and the camera base. As the other person above you posted, I've read numerous posts about recommended mounts but none that actually line up correctly and I don't want to drill into the camera housing to accomplish this.

If you want to make sure it fits and you can buy from me, I can test out for you first thing on Monday morning. =] But yeah its a valid concern, not just with this specific camera, but with alot of mounts they don't design it that well.

-I've seen wall mounts where there wasn't enough space to fish the cable through, misaligned holes, or just not the right size..

Caution about LTS when comparing to Hikvision. Hikvision is trying to distinguish themselves from OEM's like LTS, so the cameras have different housings and may or may not be interchangeable with mounts. The OEM eyeball camera looks different from the ds-2cd3332-i, just saying. Was just in their booth at ISC yesterday and had to do a double take. These wall mounts are generic in the sense that they support multiple camera models.

Caution about LTS when comparing to Hikvision. Hikvision is trying to distinguish themselves from OEM's like LTS, so the cameras have different housings and may or may not be interchangeable with mounts. The OEM eyeball camera looks different from the ds-2cd3332-i, just saying. Was just in their booth at ISC yesterday and had to do a double take. These wall mounts are generic in the sense that they support multiple camera models.

awww wish they sent me so I could have met you and thank you for all I have learned from you, so what did you think of our booth?

Lispher I can send you some pictures of the drill holes on the mount with a ruler measuring the distance between each holes first, then you measure the holes on your side, if they are identical it should be ok.

It looked like 3 times the size of the area they had in ISC East in November (that one I went to) . Hope they treated you well !

I think I see the problem with Heuer's mount, sounds like they didn't give him the mounting plate with more hole options .

Here is our mount unboxing: came with two mounting plates, 5 metal anchors, wall mount, and no instructions.

The plates are labeled 'A' and 'B' , plate B matched the 3 holes on the camera and also 4 out of the 6 holes on the mount.

So first, mount plate b to wall mount, then mount camera to plate B and you are done.

all 3 holes of that turret camera align with the plate B. But the camera DID NOT fit into the mount without the mounting Plate, so I can see why Heuer had to drill into the casting.

IMG_20140408_112516.thumb.jpg.8421c07ad904560902d1604c0d790e3d.jpg

IMG_20140408_112534.thumb.jpg.f2f6b79c60464fbb87bd792f1e6b6787.jpg

IMG_20140408_113650.thumb.jpg.eef375f1fb1a8f724ce2481e6710c3a8.jpg

Here are the measurement of the plate, you will use hole 4 to mount to the 3 holes on the camera. The 4 big holes without numbers will be to mount to the wall mount. from hole 4 to hole 4 they are around 9.75cm apart from each other.

So measure the 3 holes on your camera then if they are like 9.75cm from each other our mount should fit.

IMG_20140408_115609.thumb.jpg.d7fc96564204c6bcfe964882604d9ec8.jpg

IMG_20140408_115501.thumb.jpg.f6492bf6cad4534dfbab363955e74185.jpg