lounatech

2 DynaDome D7720a PTZ cameras - DIY home surveillance

Hi all - I'm a CCTV Noob (looking for some knowledge on how to implement two DynaColor / DynoDome D7720a PTZ CCTV cameras into a home surveillance system.

I acquired these two D7720a (Full P/N: 90-7720A-S1N) NTSC dome cameras from a friend who was scrapping them from his workplace (they purchased newer IP cameras and were replacing their old CCTV system) lucky for me, I scored both cameras for free. They're in awesome condition - fully functional and aesthetically well-maintained.

I've got the original mounting brackets and hardware for both cameras, just missing one 12V 2.0A power supply (shouldn't be difficult to find a replacement - I've got that part covered).

I would like to mount these two cameras into weather-resistant enclosures (I think I'm good there too) that will be mounted under the eaves of my home in two sites.

I need some recommendations for PC-based (Windows) software to control the PTZ capabilities and capture the video (I've got a dedicated PC (or 10) in my garage that I'd like to use as capture devices - nice big HDDs for storage too). If there's a good option for a stand-alone DVR with PTZ controller capabilities for under $100 I'd be willing to go that route as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm a decent researcher, but don't even know where to start when it comes to circa 2000 CCTV gear (on a shoestring budget).

Many thanks in advance for your thoughtful recommendations and knowledge transfer.

Lou