Sign in to follow this  
nodders

Sanyo HD4600P zoom changes and firmware update

Hi all,

Wondering if someone might be able to help. I've got a CCTV installation on an industrial estate that uses several Sanyo 2300Ps, 2500Ps, 3300Ps and a few Axis P1347s. These are being run via a PC with a Luxriot installation, all working fine and I'm very pleased with it.

I've just added a Sanyo 4600P that is giving a couple problems. Firstly, every couple days or so the zoom resets itself to fully wide angle when I've set it to a medium zoom position. I don't actually want zoom control of the camera - the system isn't under constant monitoring or control so once set, I'd sooner it just stayed static.

To counter this, I've downloaded an updated firmware but haven't been able to install it. In the camera menus, I get through to the 'Update Firmware' page and where you click the 'Browse' button to pick the file, I'm not able to click the button. The button's there but it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas on either issue? I've got another 4600P with a more recent firmware that has a stable zoom but also has the same 'Browse' button issue, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something stupid!

Thanks very much, any help would be much appreciated.

T

Just to let you know - nowadays you may contact Panasonic for support of Sanyo cameras, as they offer support for them now.

We had a good experience with Sanyo cameras and so far as I remember they had special tool for updating firmware ( instead of doing it via browser), again you can check with Panasonic on this one.

Are you using IE? I tried Chrome on mine and it will do most things but some things are whacky. Using IE I have no problems at all.

Thanks for both those replies!

EarlT - I was using IE but then tried Chrome and Firefox, they all seem to have the same issue. It makes me wonder though, might be worth trying the compatibility mode in IE so I'll give that a go.

AlexJ - great, thanks. I didn't know that about Panasonic - I've got in touch with them so will wait and see what they come back with. Also, you're right ,there was some software with the Sanyo cameras, I've never used it for updating firmware but will do so as soon as I get a chance.

I also did a bit more googling around the internet and found another forum where someone mentioned only being able to update via the SD card slot rather than over the network, so another possibility there.

Cheers all.