Sign in to follow this  
lunaros

Camera equivalent to Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I with audio

Hi guys and gals, been loving reading up on cctv stuff on this helpful forum. First post. Setting up a security camera in a retail store. Standard retail shop space, fairly long and narrow. Maybe 5x25m. I have a POE switch and am going to use Milestone on an existing i7 I have in the office. A bit stuck on the camera. I was about to commit to a DS-2CD2332-I from Aliexpress at 123.80 USD delivered to Australia. I have read the picture quality is superb for the price. Only issue is there is no audio and it is too easy for the customers and staff to tell where it is pointing.

I would like a dome camera so you can't see where it is pointing, compatible with Milestone, good picture & audio quality, works at night in case of a break in and not ridiculously expensive. I am going to put it in the corner of the store. Does not need to be waterproof.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Ross

Edited by Guest

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/products_show.asp?id=9127

This would fit your bill the most, especially since you don't need strong IR if your store is lit most of the time.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=8724

That one is good too for your long and narrow aisles since you can adjust the lens to have a smaller angle. but price is about 1.5x of the first one. Also much more IR.

Both have audio input, but you have to manually splice the mic in for the 2nd camera. Not sure about the first.

Thanks heaps Milkisbad. What do you mean splice in the audio? Also what else does the second camera offer for 1.5 times the price apart from extra IR range and the narrow viewing angle? Anything worth the extra money? Any other recommendations anyone?

I had to manually set up all my hikvision cameras in milestone. You might check and see if you have the latest device pack on their website.

Glad you got the camera! Hope you got the model with the (S) and supports audio.

I posted some photo of the wiring before, so we found out you have to cut the mic wires and splice into a RCA female plug then plug a Mic in with RCA male. or skip the RCA parts and cut the microphone and splice onto it directly.

For more details on the photos please see this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37506

Camera up and working. Latest device pack did the trick. Cheers. Last question I hope. Any recommendations on a mic. I need something that does not require 12v and is as small as possible or hidden? Thanks guys.