vinstaruser

CCTV Streaming problem?

I got my place with 8 IP cameras connected network router with NVR connecting to it as well. My laptop with 8 GB RAM was able to capture and view the CCTV channel through its IE browser with no problem connecting with LAN.

However, my friend used other laptop with 8 GB RAM, O/S Win7 32bit couldn't view the CCTV footage at all with black screen. Reinstalled with its plugin Active X components to allow its display but still no avail.

I used another laptop which has 4 GB RAM and same O/S. Its behavior of CCTV streaming could only capture 4 or 5 channels instead of full 8 channels.

Was it due bandwidth of the network infrastructure? Or other reasons such as spec of laptop and was told the speed transfer of CCTV is at 2Mb/sec.

I'm new to CCTV area that I am required to understand and resolve the problem.

its probably windows 7 or 8 that is the problem viewing video- try running laptop in xp mode if you can or try an xp laptop.

the nvr should be recording/playing fine. in ie11 you can click on the cog-tools icon on top right and select f12 tools this allows you to set up older style browsers and windows operation modes for internet explorer- not 100% up on it but you could investigate with these.

there are also all sorts of active x components in windows 7 that are disabled- they may need to be enabled. Its a nightmare the number of settings that can be tweeked.

Definitely sounds like a software issue on the other systems. jazzar is right about all the settings--they can be a nightmare, especially since some of them that are necessary for viewing the video stream can make your system more susceptible to badware from the Internet.