Received yesterday from China AliExpress

Firmware Version: V5.1.0 build 131202

Encoding Version: V5.0 build 131128

Bugs:

- email notification:

cannot set email with "." (dot) inside.

cannot set password more than 20 chars

- GUI

on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) video streaming works only with QuickTime but many options are not present (like two way audio etc);

on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) and Android (Chrome) many features are not present (it says "missing plugin"); and some configurations and buttons do not work.

on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) port mapping on the router works only for the GUI, but streaming (Quicktime) from internet does not work (do not know why) .

even on Android with apps (Ip Cam Viewer/iVMS-4500) with port mapping on the router I cannot get the streaming to work from internet.

UPDATE1: it seems in Android apps You have to specify the so called "server" port (default is 8000).

UPDATE2: it seems that also on Chrome/OSX I can see the video of my camera with Quicktime from the internet.

- SD card

BEWARE that it seems the "File System corrupted" exception is set by default to trigger the sound alarm; so as soon as You put inside the camera a new not formatted SD card the camera will start to play the alert sound forever until you format the SD card.

If You know how to solve these problems or have something to add, suggest, please let me know here!

Thanks!

Best regards,

Camillo

If you are a Mac guy, do yourself a favor and downgrade to 5.0.2 firmware. It's horrible in 5.1 or 5.1.2 where if you use the webrc plugin, and you can get the latest from the hikvision download sites, it will work, but lucky if you can see 1 FPS. So you go with Quicktime that will give you the full frame rate but impossible to use via the WAN, don't know why. I reported to Hikvision USA as I have several of theirs but don't know when they will fix it. On the other hand, most of my cameras are 5.0.2, no problem accessing it with Safari or Firefox on my Mac running the latest OSX, Mavericks. This is just a Mac issue, all this works fine on Windows, just in case others are reading this that don't know what OSX is.

With all that said, you are on your own as I've never used 5.0.2 on my one and only 2432 as I need at least one cameras to have the latest firmware for testing purpose, like to answer your question, LOL. I can tell you that Quicktime is not even an option in 5.0.2.

Everything will work perfectly in future versions of the firmware, just hang in there. As a former software engineering, it took me years to say that with a straight face but now I'm really good at it so I moved to marketing.