Sign in to follow this  
Ozone

Can't Get Video Feed with Q-See 720P and NVR

I don't know what it is but I can't seem to be able to get a video feed from the cameras while connected to the NVR. I just have a black screen when they are connected. I go through the startup, it tells me ports 85 and 37777 are open. It says I have Upnp. I can also access the remote viewing webservice by accessing my ip address and port 85.

On the NVR screen all I see is the 4 black square windows, with a plus sign to add a remote device. When I click that it comes up with 0 options. I can IP search or Manual add.

When I click manual add it comes up with:

Channel:1

Manufacturer: Private

IP Address: 192.168.0.0

TCP Port: 37777

User: Admin

Password:

Remote CHannel 1

Decoder Buffer: 280

I tried changing the IP Address to that of my NVR, 192.168.1.71 and also tried 192.168.1.71:85 but nothing happens after I click ok.

I have the cameras connected to the back of the NVR via ethernet cable and plugged into the POE slots.

Ideas?

When I go to manual add, for some reason when I add a device with the IP 192.168.1.71, it won;t add it to added devices. Also if I do an IP search, like the video below, the camera's won't appear.

This is killing me, please help

Not sure if it's a port forwarding problem but this is what I have:

NVR2 37777 192.168.1.71 85 BOTH

NVR 6036 192.168.1.71 85 TCP

NVR3 80 192.168.1.71 85 BOTH

You can close the thread, this was something not technical but the power cable that powers the POE was bad. After just touching the power brick it somehow came alive. It wasn't unplugged, just had some weird short.

Thanks for the help anyways.

Glad you got it sorted. You might want to pick up another power supply along the way with the exact specs the original has. Couldn't hurt.