Sign in to follow this  
Mike_UK

remote viewing

Hi all,

I am using a Swann 960H system (http://www.swann.com/uk/swdvk-942004).

I am using the iPhone & iPad apps (Swannview) which are alright but i have noticed that they only use the secondary feed i believe? this is obviously good for my upstream internet in my house but i would prefer to have the option to vie the main stream. when i use the MyDVR software on my mac i can switch between main stream and 2nd stream and its really handy. I have recently been using an app called EVOPLUSLITE to view a different system and have seen that you can view the main stream and i was blown away by how clear the picture looks, about the same as when i am viewing mine on the HD tv. Anyway my questions are:

1) Is there a generic app i can use which i can switch between feeds and also i am looking to get a system set up in my business premises and would ideally like to be able to monitor both properties using one app (i.e. maybe viewing 2 cams from each place at same time) but don't really want to be constrained to using Swann again. Is there an app that different DVRs can use?

many thanks in advance and apologies as I'm pretty new to all this.

Mike