Sign in to follow this  
dkearney

Which 16 Channel NVR and Cameras?

I have heard many good things and some bad about Dahua and Hikvision but I am not sure which system to purchase and I am open to other options as well. I would like to install a 16 channel IP system a indoor motel. This location has two buildings which are connected by a hallway in which all the locations where the cameras need to be installed are prewired with Cat5e. I would like a good system that is reliable and on a max $3,000 or less budget which can monitor all 16 channel with live view on a big 50 inch monitor via HDMI. Thanks in advance guys!

I enjoy Hikvision NVR more than anything I have used before.

1000x Better support than NUUO and almost 30% the price.

Depends on your needs:

Do you need built-in POE or external POE?

How many Hard Drive do you need?

Do you need 3 year warranty? (warranty varies greatly through vendors even for the same product)

[Mod: Edited]

If you are looking for a complete indoor system, let me suggest ACTi. First, you'll get way better service and support from ACTi. Next, they will give you 16ch NVR software for free that is very good. Figure in quantity, you can get 1MP indoor domes for under $200.

I like Dahua and Hikvision, but not a fan of NVRs in general, mostly because they are limiting, not as flexible as a PC and you can run 16 cameras for free with software from the manufacturer, assuming you stick with the manufacturer.

PM me if I can help with this as I have access to most manufacturers.

I actually looked at all my options again, and believe the best option for me would be an external POE, and this would be connected to a standalone desktop. As for software I spoke to a local guy and he recommends Milestone XProtect. Warranty would be great, but I am open to cheaper options. So I figure I will need 12 indoors domes.