Sign in to follow this  
Firefighter

Getting my cams to my phone.

So I've been using my Hik 3MP bullets for awhile now, using free MileStone Xprotect Go smart client as the nvr software.

I want to get my cams on my phone and I haven't gotten into this side of it before.

Port fowarding, etc....

I've tried to search and watch some youtube videos but not much luck.

Since I'm using milestone xprotect, should I use milestones specific app?

I haven't ever changed any of the settings, not even the username and password on the software.

Or would I be better off with just an ip cam viewer type app.

I've been looking for a step by step. I've never even tried this side of the cctv stuff.

Thanks.

Yes, use the Milestone IOS or Android app. It's the only one that will let you see not only the cameras, but what it recorded and the price is right, free. Make sure you are running the latest Milestone 2013, because it's harder to setup in older releases.

You'll need to port forward your PC running Milestone to 8081 for android or 8082 for ios. You can first test it with your phone in WiFi mode on your home network to see if that works, the move up to port forwarding and setting up DDNS.

Yes, use the Milestone IOS or Android app. It's the only one that will let you see not only the cameras, but what it recorded and the price is right, free.

Really ?

Do your home work again

He's running Milestone XProtect, they have Android and IOS apps, you can look at the live video or the recorded video, I know, I run Milestone and their apps. What other smartphone apps let you see what Milestone recorded?

Ok so I'm working on setting it all up...

I'm here, but don't know what to put in. When I log into smart client I still use the defualt log in and pw. Issue?

247460_1.jpg

Ok thanks.

So I'm leaving for vacation tomm and I'm really trying to set all this up this evening. Is there a video I haven't found that

goes step by step to set it all up?

I dont' know why I'm not getting it but I'm not understanding which ports need to be what. And on my router which ports to forward.

Setting up for mobile view via their app..

Example: In that last photo, I put my ip addy in, but what port is it suppose to be?

I'm watching all their online videos trying to sort it all out.

Thanks

Alright I got it to work on the cell phone using wifi.... So I guess now I just need to get into the router to forward a couple of ports.

It's easier to put your DVR IP address in the DMZ of your router. If you go that route however, you really should change the default username and password on the dvr.

I just set in my router to forward 8080 from external to internal.

My Public IP address is different than the IP address it shows when I check in cmd on my computer. Which one should I be using.

My DVR is my computer so how would that work.

Sorry, I know I sound pretty damn dumb but when it comes to this networking side I havent done it before.

Here's my setup... If it helps at all.

Internet comes in through cable, Connects to Model supplied by Internet/TV provider, Feeds to Wifi Router, Router Feeds to 1. My Computer, 2. POE switch upstairs where all the cameras are connected to.

Damnit, now my mobile app isn't connecting, even on wifi.

OK settings I have in Milestone

Central Communication

Enabled, Username/Password, Port:8080

Server access: Server Name:* Localport:80, Internet adress:What I found in CMD, Longer than plublic ip, InternetPort:8080, Access amount allowed 1. (Free won't let me do more than 1 person)

Users: I have this all set up with username and password and everything is allowed to be accessed. All box's checked.

Servers: Mobile Servers: Blank... I guess free doesn't get this option.

now the mobile app won't connect even though I'm putting exactly what it says.

server name: Server, and the port, 8080

User details: User and password I set up as one of the users. It worked before.... makes no sense why it won't now, via wifi.

Does Milestone have support chat? I tried finding it through their website and couldn't.

930 miles away, I wish I had gotten the mobile app working.