Hi All,

I have recently installed a dahua 23x zoom analogue PTZ at a cutomers site, however having issues with one of the cameras where it just looks directly at the floor for a random amount of time then continues on with its predetermined pattern. Video isn't lost as we can see the camera looking at the floor.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've thought it could be an unclean power feed or maybe some surges/dips in the main supply maybe?

Power is supplied via 24VDC (3000mA) PSU which is approx 30 mtrs from camera location, fed over Cat5.

Would it be wise to try a more powerful PSU (and what would you recommend?)

Thanks for looking.

IR camera?

First of all, measure the voltage at the camera (what arrives) with IR on(if has) and also while moving/controlling it.

Thanks - It is an IR model - and like I said it's fine in the day, just bizzare how it drops off - middle of the night (not just as soon as IR's kick in).

This camera is really high and I need cherrypicker to get to it - is there another way to test draw at the PSU (at low level inside)?

You can measure the current and compare it with the max current that the camera should need. If it's close to the max, something isn't ok at the powerline.