utvols

Camera suggestions for UF500 installation

I'm fairly new to IR applications and have recently picked up a UF500 to illuminate my back yard and the back of my house. I could really use some suggestions on cameras and lenses from anyone who as experience with UF500 installations.

The UF500 I have is the: UF500.301 (730nm, 30 degree beam)

30 degree beam at 730nm will basically shoot the IR out to around 300'+, very powerfull, so you want to make sure you have nothing too close within that distance that will reflect such as bushes, white walls, etc. or you can get a ton of glare. Honestly the best would be another Extreme camera such as the EX27MX Day Night, or the BW version. Easy to install.

Otherwise, 730nm, any camera that switches to BW will pick that up, though the more sensitive the better. If you can afford it, IR Corrected Lenses, otherwise Aspherical Lens such as from Tamron, and IR Optimized cameras if you can afford them.

Im into doing it as simple as possible now, hence the EX27MX, or even the EX30 or the EX82. But the Sanyo Day Night camera also works with the UF500, so would many of the Decent Day Nights such as the GE KTC-2000DN, and i imagine others like bosch, etc. Cant say how well the Pano will or not as they dont say it in the specs. Just because it is IR responsive doesnt mean it will perform as well as others.

I am curious as too why you bought the UF500 without a camera, or do you have a camera already up?? The 730nm's have a good glow too and I assume you have a huge back yard with that distance?? What are you trying to see?

I still want to know why he bought a uf500 with no camera, unless he had one, and who he bought it from that let him and definatly did he get there power supply, right rory?

Thanks for the responses,

I picked up the UF500 from a liquidation sale. The UF500 came with the UF500.001 power supply. I have around three quarters of an acre that I would like to illuminate (well at least as much as I can). The UF500 and camera will reside at the back of my property and will diagonally cover my back yard and the back of my house. If I can get home early enough before it gets dark here I will try to grab a picture and post it.

Rory, thanks for the post. I was thinking about an EX27. I assume that the EX27MX is the best to use out of the EX27 line? Also, what IR corrective lens options would you recommend for a box camera?

Any particular models for the Fujinon or the Extreme CCTV lenses you would recommend?

Anyone else have any experiences with cameras and lens types for UF500 installations?

Rory, I found some previous posts where you mentioned using Sanyo Day/Night cameras. Did you use a vcc4794 or a vcc4594 or have you used both? Also which lense did you use in those applications?

Thanks

it was the 4594 as the 4974 wasnt out yet. I used Tamron Aspherical Lenses as there wasnt such a thing as IR lenses back then.

Im sure someone will contact you

I used the Tamron Aspherical for IR so im sure their IR lenses must be good also.

Rory, I’m almost considering the box camera.

Your UF500 example:

SanyoUF500.jpg

Was with the Sanyo Day/Night right? What were the specs on the UF500 you used for that application, 30 degrees / 850 nm?

What specs should I look for, for a good IR corrective lens?

From Tamron I was thinking maybe:

http://www.tamron.com/cctv/prod/13vg308asirsq.asp

From Fujinon I was thinking maybe:

http://www.fujinoncctv.com/pdfs/cctv0904/YV27x29LR4A-SA2.pdf

LOL, I’m still waiting on someone to contact me regarding pricing on the Fujinon. The funny thing is that I can’t find a place online that sells their IR corrective lenses.

try visiting digitalwatchguard.com for fujinon lenses, if you do not see the lens on there site ask them, they are very helpful.

Yes, Sanyo Box DN, it is a UF500 840nm 10 Degree beam, came in a kit with 2 of them, but i really only needed the 1. The lens is fixed at 12mm approx.

I would definately go with an IR lens, if I had to do it again.

Any IR corrected lens should work, but personally Im just buying them from Extreme, so I am guaranteed they will work.

I still haven’t decided on a camera yet. I have been testing with my EX46. Right now I am almost leaning back toward extreme again.

You guys were right about the strength of that 730nm filter, it’s almost too strong. I have been doing some testing with the UF500 and my EX46. I'm thinking about selling the 730nm filter or swapping it out with someone for a 830nm or 930nm filter. Anyone interested?

Also if I change the filter to a 830nm or a 950nm will that change anyone’s recommendation?

Any dealers want to PM me a price on a EX27MX or a 830nm 30 degree filter?

what are the distance specs for the camera .. the length and width of the camera view, what is in the view itself, and how far would you like to illuminate?

Best bet would be to buy a new lens kit, which comes with the beam and the filter. But which one depends on the questions above .. and if you have a picture, even better.

Rory

I haven't purchased the camera yet. I just tested the area with the UF500 and my existing EX46 with a color monitor.

I was just saying the strenght and glow of that 730nm UF500 filter is strong. I'm thinking about switching to the 830nm or 950nm UF500 filter.