Sign in to follow this  
yousah

Swann NHD-805 cameras stuck in IR mode

I just bought a new Swann system with 8 channels (NVR8-7085) and 4 cameras. Two of my cameras (NHD-805) appear to be stuck in night vision mode and give me a pink/purplish tint during the daytime viewing. I can press the reset button on the cameras and that'll make them operate normally with a nice picture, but once they go into night vision mode in the evening then they fail to come out of it the next day. The resent button is located at the end of a cable that is in my attic and it's not really suitable for having to use on a regular basis.

I've called Swann numerous times and their tech support is basically useless. The cameras are mounted under the eaves of my house and don't appear to be in a shadow that would trick them into that mode.

My best guess is that these two cameras are defective but I wanted to check on this forum for some advice. Thank you very much in advance!

Hi

looks like someting is wrong ...

have you tried to swap the other working one with the faulty ones ?

if the fault persist ring the cables through if tere is not missing ground or dodge contacts.

make sure you disconnect the power lead that suply the voltages to the cameras.

if the cables are ok put the power back to the cable and check the voltages with multimeter.

another thing once i found similar fault and it was from dodge power supply some chinese power supply its not filtered well that mean the ground is not proper has noise this lead to many failures for example on laptops the mouse start jumping or freezeng.

on other device where you have logic circuits or pre amps this can cause maulfunction.

if you have one power supply that supply all the cameras then more likely gonna be the camera.

inside the camera you have circuit that regulate the ir diodes simmilar to dimm switch.

the opto element get triggered when there is no light this is due to some circuitry like comparator this could be made from transistors triacks or ttls logics.

if is stucking in night mode more likely the gate stay open on the comparator so this is due to some fault in the circuitry.

in some cases when you have a very chinese unit this circuit are made from transistors and capacitors then is heat related because the capacitors changing value after heat change.

i hope this helped sorry to be to technical