SuperFalcon

trying to get my ip camera to recognize my hd

Hi, I found out the camera i bought included a network video managment system or NVMS 7000.

I am using a LaView LV-CDP6014 ONVIF-S IP camera.

I just want to test everything out before i move it over a different machine.

I got the software to recognize my camera. I can access the cameras configuration menu from the NVMS or through the web control panel.

I installed the "storage server" and it recognized the sata drive i connected. Im only testing things out, so I used a spare 160GB drive.

247614_1.png

The problem that has been giving me a headache was how do I get the camera to recognize the hdd?

This is from the cameras managment screen

247614_2.png

It says to enter the nfs parameters

247614_3.png

So i did try these things

1.) Made the hdd as a shared folder. Put the //..... path in the nfs parameter screen and didnt recognize anything

2.) made the drive as a network drive, but that didnt work

I am not asking for a complete guide, just some notes and what I need to put or change.

Thank you very much for your support.

Edited by Guest

NFS is (usually) a Linux based protocol, used between servers for mounting remote file systems and is not supported by Windows. You need a dedicated NFS server(via Linux or Windows)

What are you trying to do?

I am trying to get my IP Camera to detect the hard drive, so I can record videos. The software I have is called NVMS7000 which came with my camera. It has a camera and storage management built in.

It tells me I need to point a NFS file path as you can see the imgur links.

Thank you.

So i did try these things

1.) Made the hdd as a shared folder. Put the //..... path in the nfs parameter screen and didnt recognize anything

2.) made the drive as a network drive, but that didnt work

I am not asking for a complete guide, just some notes and what I need to put or change.

Thank you very much for your support.

Windows shared folder is not NFS share, you can try to search the web with your preferred searchengine for NFS server for windows, but i've never set up one for anything but a Windows Server (Guide to Win Server 2008 http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sfu/archive/2008/12/15/set-up-services-for-network-file-system-in-windows-server-2008.aspx)

I've never heard of a camera that can recognize and use a PC HDD without a VMS software that handles the stream from camera and then records it. I could be wrong here, never used any LaView cameras.

Hey guys, thank you for your replies.

I finally got it connected to a NFS server and detected the hard drive.

I used LabF nfsAxe on Windows 7. I am looking to test it on freenas and see if NFS works.

Thank you.