Sign in to follow this  
Richiec0908

Opinion on system

Hi I'm new to the board and wonder if anyone can give me assistance on a proposal I received for my home. I have 2 story colonial home, and would like to know if this system that is proposed is decent

DVR Based

H.264 Multiplex

4 Ch Triplex 480 fps MPEG- Network Real Time Digital Recorder

480fps/480fps built web server DDNS DHCP PPOE Network 2TB HHD motion Recording Avail

USB backup. Wed Client Pentaplex

35 days of back up video, Network back up, 720x480 NTSC video mpeg4 compression with option of 1 audio channel , see over the internet motion dectection

(4) 1/3 eyeball dome cameras. Color CCD 700TVL 2.6 with night vision weather proof Super HCAD and Sony Lenses

(1) 12VDC 4 channel Power Supply Box-

I have no idea if this is a good system , or just decent. I'm not looking for something to guard the whitehouse

Hi I'm new to the board and wonder if anyone can give me assistance on a proposal I received for my home. I have 2 story colonial home, and would like to know if this system that is proposed is decent

DVR Based

H.264 Multiplex

4 Ch Triplex 480 fps MPEG- Network Real Time Digital Recorder

480fps/480fps built web server DDNS DHCP PPOE Network 2TB HHD motion Recording Avail

USB backup. Wed Client Pentaplex

35 days of back up video, Network back up, 720x480 NTSC video mpeg4 compression with option of 1 audio channel , see over the internet motion dectection

(4) 1/3 eyeball dome cameras. Color CCD 700TVL 2.6 with night vision weather proof Super HCAD and Sony Lenses

(1) 12VDC 4 channel Power Supply Box-

I have no idea if this is a good system , or just decent. I'm not looking for something to guard the whitehouse

Why an NVR if you are not planning to use megapixel cameras?

I am certainly not an expert on this. In fact- I am a novice the Board helped last week.

But I am sure a big factor in the determination would be what they are asking for the system.