Sign in to follow this  
LeeMc2014

Pelco problem switching networks

I have currently installed a Pelco cctv system using ID Sarix Series internal domes and Spectra IV SD4E external domes. I have given them all an IP address on my network, on which every camera functions 100%. I am now trying to switch all cameras to a new network. My problem is when I access the camera network settings through the browser and try to change to the IP address I am getting the following error message

"One or more IPV6 addresses do not have the same subnet mask as the default router"

I am obviously using IPV4 and IPV6 is switched off in camera settings so not sure where the IPV6 conflict is coming from. Today I managed to transfer one camera to the new network which was using firmware 1.8. All the other cameras using firmware 1.9 give the error message. Could firmware be the problem?

Hope this makes sense.This is my first time working with a system like this. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

You need to include both IP ranges on your network card. Set your primary IP up manually with all the info (DNS, gateway, etc.) then click on the advanced button and add the second IP address that is in the same range as your telephone network.

The technical term for this is multi-homing and it is pretty common.