Sign in to follow this  
littlbox

help with hikvision hybrid nvrs

I am having a hard time understanding the specs of these dvrs.I cant find out what is the recording resolution for the ip cameras.I want to use 4 analog and a 3mpixel hikvision ipc.I want to record the ipc in its full resolution but every hikvision reseller ,I asked, doesnt know what is the ipc recording resolution., also the specs on the hikvision site dont help much -the analog rec. resolution is mentioned only.

the hybrids in question are ds-7604hi-st,ds-7608hi-st and ds-7616hi-st.

please help

I am having a hard time understanding the specs of these dvrs.I cant find out what is the recording resolution for the ip cameras.I want to use 4 analog and a 3mpixel hikvision ipc.I want to record the ipc in its full resolution but every hikvision reseller ,I asked, doesnt know what is the ipc recording resolution., also the specs on the hikvision site dont help much -the analog rec. resolution is mentioned only.

the hybrids in question are ds-7604hi-st,ds-7608hi-st and ds-7616hi-st.

please help

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013101614595424780.pdf

pretty sure it is stated in the spec above.

DS-7604HI-ST would be ok for you

it has 4 analog input.

And for IP, it can record up to 5MP.

Incoming bandwidth is 20mbps, should that should be more than enough for one 3MP camera.

you need a bandwidth calculator to calculate how many IP camera at what resolution you can connect.

Most embedded NVR states 4 ch, 8ch, 16ch, you cant go by that, that is just the limit of maximum IP camera you can connect at even the lowest resolution.

Incoming Bandwidth is the number to go by.

As FPS, resolution, quality, compression all affect the bandwidth consumption of a IP camera.

Max resolution it can record should be 5 MP, 3 MP should be no problem.

In the spec sheet it says Playback resolution 5mp/3mp.....

How would it play back 5MP if it cannot record at 5 MP?

You should be fine lol

I have bought a hikvision ds2cd2332-i ip 3mpixel ip camera ,and in the compatibility list in the manual of the hybrids dvrs 76xxhi-st ,has the specific camera with 1280x960 recording resolution.

So whats going on why is this 3mp ipc is recorded only at 1.3mp?