Sign in to follow this  
tome9999

Axis P3367-VE 2TB NAS Limit

I have a P3367-VE that has been recording to both it's SD card as well as a NAS for 9 months or so. There are 34,000 files according to the camera recordings UI on the NAS. I want to clean them up, essentially delete them all. In order to delete files in the UI you have to select them one at a time (no, there is no multi-select) and click delete. It takes about 1 full minute for the file to delete and the list to be redisplayed. It would take weeks or months to delete them this way. So, I deleted the files directly from the NAS. But now the camera still sees the files, and while I can still delete the reference to it on the camera it still takes the same amount of time. I also set the parameter that says "delete files older than" to a small time (1 day) but nothing changed. So I opened a case with Axis support asking them how I can delete them (in my lifetime). The answer I got back surprises me and I don't know if this is just a junior tech not knowing what he is talking about or what....

He claims:"I checked the server report and found that the network share is 2.7TBytes. Our cameras support only 2TBytes and for this reason the camera can't delete old recordings."

First, this just seems stupid. Given that 3-4 TB single disks are prevalent and that NASs often have many many TB of space (petabytes even) how short sighted could Axis engineers have been? Second, the fact that the files don't exist (any longer) on the NAS this just seems like a bug. And third, setting "delete files older than" apparently doesn't work and is also a bug. Not to mention the fact that he says the camera can't delete old files, but it DOES delete them, just way too slowly!

Has anyone else encountered this?

Tom

So after some back and forth with Axis tech support guy it turns out what he told me was not entirely correct. The P3367-VE will record to a large disk but it can only manage files automatically, that is using the "delete files older than" parameter, that are under 52 weeks old. So in order to clean up my files, I only needed to delete the files older than 52 weeks (which weren't very many in this case) and then the camera deleted the rest according to that parameter. This seems like a bug to me, but they wouldn't admit that.

Also, I am able to do a multiple selection of files using the control key on a single pages (20 files per page), but I can't select multiple pages of files which is what I really wanted to do.

-Tom