marley1

Milestone - Setting Default View

For the life of me I can't seem to figure this one out. Have a client with Milestone that has about 11 cameras. Every time they connect they have to add the camera back to the view. Their has to be a way to save a default view? The tech told me under options and to select Load Last Opened and it doesn't work just defaults to 8 camera's.

Anyone use this software?

Adding a camera to a view does not make it stick, sort of a temporary move. To make it permanent, click the "Setup" button in the upper right and it should turn yellow. Then add the camera to a view and click "Setup" again and it will be permanent. You should use multiple views, not put 11 on a single view because it's likely going to use a boat load of CPU just displaying small thumbnails. The other alternative is to chose the sub-stream checkbox for live view. Then it uses the lower res sub-stream when in live view (but playback is at full resolution) so it uses less network bandwidth and much lower CPU.

I was going to put together a tips & tricks with Milestone. For example, most people don't even realize they are using server side motion detection because they checked the box that enables motion detection but it's more involved than that.