Sign in to follow this  
Chandler

Can't get live image on Hikvision iVMS4200 PCNVR

I have only one camera to start, the Hikvision DS-2CD2032. Everything is installed and the software detects the camera but when wanting to look at live image I get camera live view failed error 24 the channel is unavailable. I'm running through a SWITCH ZYXEL|GS1900-8HP RT.

I haven't configured anything in the Zyxel switch or changed IP on the camera. The little cd disk that came with the camera won't load on my desktop.

Any help would be much appreciated to get this camera going.

use Internet Explorer to hit the Camera's IP Address, you should be able to download and install an ActiveX control that will help.

just got my camera and took a little while to get basic setup now im working on the rest, i used SADP on the disk or can download to configure the camera to correct ip address range for me was 192.168.0.1 as the camera was preset to a different range.

then when i viewed via the web browser or the ims-4200 software which also installed managed to view and also record and capture images no problem at all.

It will be the camera config thats stopping you viewing at moment

Thanks I forgot I posted this. I also downloaded SADP and set my IP address and all set now. I also had to change my IP for the switch. It was the same as my wireless router.

Everything working now and ordered 3 more cameras.