samedpatel

Black screen when accessing DVR over LAN

Hi,

I have installed 7 CCTV camera (around the house) connected to a DVR. The monitor directly connected to the DVR I can see the 7 camera pictures.

I have also connected the DVR to my local network router (Orange EE) which has assigned the IP 192.168.1.243 and DVR has is configured on port 85.

From my laptop (connected to the same router) I open an IE browser to http:// 192.168.1.243:85 I get the DVR login screen and when I login I can see all the menus options but the live camera feed is just a black screen.

Another issue is I have used DNSexit.com to setup a DNS for my IP to access the cameras remotely what configuration do I need to do on DVR? I have added the port forwarding on my router for port 85 do I need to do anything on DVR as it doesn’t work when I try the DNS name.

All help is welcomed

this worked for another forum user:-

In the past when I have come across web issues like buttons missing etc it has been to do with the browser settings affecting access to scripts and running components etc under the custom security button on internet explorer. on ie11 most are disabled.

It seems to block certain parts of the web page from loading.

you could try running wireshark Ethernet logging program and see if it gives you any pointers

Sounds like it maybe and Active-x or plugin issue. I am assuming that you are not on the same PC that you are accessing it from the LAN? Try holding down the control key on the keyboard when you open the page. See if that prompts you for the plugin install.

Chip

iE browser version can cause problems. Browser versions the same on both computers? You can set IE 11 to look and act like older versions. Google it if that might be the problem.

Hi,

thanks for the replied i have managed to get it working when i use my PC. However now i am trying to get it working over my smart phones. I have downloaded "tinycam Monitor Pro" app and entered my camera DNS details. (using the free DNS linkpc.net). but i get Video failed (403 - forbidden) error in the app.

i have tried a few apps and get the same messgage in all.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong?