Sign in to follow this  
Nathanmf

Pros and Cons of 360 cameras

Hi Guys,

I am going up against some mobotix 360 Degree vision cameras in a quote,

Although I could just get my hands on them and do a cheaper price I get the impression that we can do better than 360 domes just by using a couple of cheaper cameras and get more coverage.

Can anybody give me a distinct list of pros and cons of 360 cameras vs the run off the mill 2.8mm wide angle lens?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I am going up against some mobotix 360 Degree vision cameras in a quote,

Although I could just get my hands on them and do a cheaper price I get the impression that we can do better than 360 domes just by using a couple of cheaper cameras and get more coverage.

Can anybody give me a distinct list of pros and cons of 360 cameras vs the run off the mill 2.8mm wide angle lens?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Cheers

It really depends. I like the 360 degree cameras that offer the de-warped views built right into the unit. I only have experience with the Sentry 360 cameras and they work well and have good tech support. As far a distinct list, I really don't think there is one. If you only want to have 1 visible camera then a 360 degree is the way to go. If you can have extra cable runs and extra cameras in your ceiling, multiple cameras will be cheaper and provide much great coverage.