Sign in to follow this  
Securitymaster

Chance-I Display problem.

Ok, so I got this problem:

I have a Chance-I DVR card, 120/120 16CH.

PC:

P4-3.0--hyperthreading disabled.

512-ram

400GB Hard Drive

MSI Board, Intel 915p chipset

ATI-X1300 256mb PCI-E Video.

Problem is a strange one that even Chance-I cannot understand.

The system main screen shows a black screen when you hook up a camera to it. We tried everything from reinstalling the software to changing the card itself. But no matter what, if a camera is hooked up, even 1 camera, all I get is a black screen.

But here's the kicker, the damm thing records the video, if you go into the camera settings, the preview window shows the image, and even if you logg in from the internet, it shows the video. What I did to work around it was that I installed the network client on the actual server, and it worked!!

So can someone help me out here? thanks.

i remember having a problem similiar to this a year ago but i think it was when chance-i recommended nvidia over ati video cards and we just put in a 128 ati and it was fixed

i'd switch out the card, check the resolution on the monitor, and the display settings, etc.. prob not helping am i

Try using an ATI radeon 9000. That should fix the problem. Also, you'll be ok if you use MSI boards with their software compression boards but don't use them with the hardware compression boards.

Edited by Guest

That's what I'm going to do in the morning, but is the other way around, they recommend ATI instead of Nvidia.

AHhh, the joys of work.

Yup, Nvidia will not display correctly on their New Software Compression boards or MPG boards. Their lower end cards will only record half of the frames they're capabale of.

We have our demo running on a ATI X300, so I don't think it's a PCI express problem. However, it could be a incompatibility with the newer video cards.

Use only ATI PCI-express up to X700 if your software is up to version 11.05.4, the X10000 series are supported only on 11.06.5 or newer.