ccris

DS-2CD2332-I hot to touch

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I, I connected it to a TP-Link Power injector and to a Cisco POE switch, bouth delivering 48v to the camera.

My problem is that the camera feels hot when I touch it, like 45-55 degrees Celsius.

Is this normal or could this be a problem?

Thank you in advance!

What's that in real money? Oh, yeah, 120 degrees F.

My POE Hik 2032s often run that hot, especially if it's a hot day or if they're in direct sun. I've checked a few cams (not Hiks) for where the most heat is generated, and it's almost always on the POE converter board.

There's a possibility that you're getting extra power drops from having 2 POE sources. I'd disconnect one unless there's a specific reason for running 2, and then I'd be interested in what the reason is!

Thank you for your quick answers!

I had to say "TP-Link Power injector OR to a Cisco POE switch", I tried with both alternatively.

Hikvision specifies that the camera is compatible with the IEEE-Standard 802.3af-2003, so that should be 48V. When I used a 12V power adapter and no POE to power the camera, the camera had the room temperature.

Should I use a power injector with lower voltage, like 12V or 24V or not power it over ethernet?

I have the english version from Aliexpress and don't know if I should return it or if it may function well and for a long time at high temperatures.

My POE Hik 2032s often run that hot, especially if it's a hot day or if they're in direct sun. I've checked a few cams (not Hiks) for where the most heat is generated, and it's almost always on the POE converter board.

I wonder what the life span of these will be with all that heat and would these last longer if the 12v power was used instead of the POE?

It isn't just HK cameras that run hot, my 1mo old IPS the main board shorted on one hot day, did some checking since I'm a electronics repair guy and found it's the DiVinchi chip that's putting out all the heat, some cams separate the power supplies to the main board on another board, this helps a little but the processor still runs 135@ in open air, the IPC cam with everything on one board ran 145@ open, to fix it properly I put a silicone thermal pad on the heat sink of the processor which dissipated and spread out some of the heat and lowered the temp down to 135@ open case, the underlying problem is you have a water tight case with no air coming in, best bet after seeing the temps involved is don't mount the cam in direct sun if possible or at least put a shade above it and make sure it's a light color, I told all this to IPS and they did not respond--I think they know they have a problem, at least they did send me a new main board--

I don't have hard data, but my older Vivotek FD8134 dome died not long back when running from POE. I connected it to 12Vdc and it works fine, and it felt quite a bit cooler. I'll look at pulling some data on this when I get a chance.

I have multiple cams that have been running in the 120 degree F range when the ambient temp is 70 or above, and some of them have been running for years. High temp probably shortens the cam's life, but so far, it looks like they'll go obsolete before they die.

Most of my older cams are Taiwanese, though, and were more expensive when new, with more solid builds than modern Chinese cams. I haven't been running Chinese cams long enough to tell yet.

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I, I connected it to a TP-Link Power injector and to a Cisco POE switch, bouth delivering 48v to the camera.

My problem is that the camera feels hot when I touch it, like 45-55 degrees Celsius.

Is this normal or could this be a problem?

Thank you in advance!

Sh-it-ty price you pay, sh-it-ty support you receive! You're welcomed as a begger...

Well... It's not the Chinese Version, it's the original, so it wasn't the cheeapest at 160$ + VAT.

But yes, cheep if you compare to the prices I can buy this camera în RO. The seller adds another 24% VAT, 20-100% his profit...

Anyway, your reply isn't really helpfull unless you want to name me your price for this camera, since I think you're a countryman of mine.

Thanks Anyway.

Ontopic:

I realized I only got to check the camera at night, it's not hot without IR on. On day mode it's OK.

Well... It's not the Chinese Version, it's the original, so it wasn't the cheeapest at 160$ + VAT.

But yes, cheep if you compare to the prices I can buy this camera în RO. The seller adds another 24% VAT, 20-100% his profit...

Yet you got no support from your seller? Nor from supported local sellers? Why is that? Seems like a failed deal.

On topic, are you sure it's a genuine HIK?

dexterash, are you here to help or just troll?

Berating someone because they didn't pay you 2X the price for a camera?

This kind of butt hurt behavior is killing this forum as a resource.

/just sayin

said an user with 81 posts... anything helpfully posted lately?

I can help, but not when the problem is a poor choice or a poor understanding of the product bought.

Aside that, since when a forum is an one-way help solution?

Hi Dexterash,

I didn't considered this forum as a one way help solution, please don't assume and don't try to consider the brand Dah*** u are selling and servicing the one and only choice. I sent you on PM further details if needed.

I asked the seller, Hikvision Europe B.V., and some comunities like this one where I read about the Hikvision cameras and I thought that someone with the same camera may have some quick feedback.

And I allready got feedback, also from users of this forum, as you might see if you were checking the replies.

Thank you all!