Sign in to follow this  
WilliamH4

Digimerge DH200 DVR (can't see on network)

I recently installed security cameras around my home and connected them to a Digimerge DH200 DVR. According to the instructions with the DVR, I am to connect the DVR to my router and an IP address will be generated. Well, I have powered down, up, disconnected, re-connected and done everything else I can think of to prompt the IP. Nothing is working. I have an AT&T 2WIRE router. There are 4 ports available on the router. 3 of the ports are occupied with a printer, PC and another device. I can see all three of these devices and their respective IP addresses. However, when I plug the DVR in, nothing shows up. Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening here?

I thought I'd add this comment, I connected the DVR to my TV, so I can see the images from the camera. Obviously, what I'm trying to accomplish here is viewing over my home's network. Ultimately, over the Internet.

Thank you

You havent set the DVR to use a static IP have you? If you have your routers DHCP will not assign one to your DVR.

No. Had it set to DHCP. Figured out what the problem was. I crimped my own RJ-45s at the end of the Cat5. Even though my network tester said my connections were good, they weren't good enough for the router (not sure how that is). I cut the ends off and punched them down into jacks and used some factory-ready jumpers. Now I have my IP! I appreciate the response nonetheless.