Sign in to follow this  
cyberdog111

Security Camera recommendations

Hi,

I'm after some recommendations for security cameras.

I need a dome camera, which will be situated on the front of a garage and will be viewing down a drive and probably a dome or bullet camera which will be situated on the side of a garage to cover the rear garden. I am happy to spend up to £1000 but cheaper is better. I need the camera to have POE, be able to record onto a memory card, be able to send an image or video when something significant crosses its path and be accessible via a smart phone (iPhone). Clarity of image is critical, especially in low light conditions.

I've been looking at Y-cam, Axis and Mobotix. Any recommendations would be gratefully received

Thanks,

Never heard of this brands are those in UK?

Anyway what you need is Digital camera about 1.2MegaPixels and up all this features you describe are pretty standard, just buy one camera and see how good it suits your needs then buy the rest.

PoE cameras are more expensive, and there's less to chose from, why you so critically need PoE?

Hi,

I'm after some recommendations for security cameras.

I need a dome camera, which will be situated on the front of a garage and will be viewing down a drive and probably a dome or bullet camera which will be situated on the side of a garage to cover the rear garden. I am happy to spend up to £1000 but cheaper is better. I need the camera to have POE, be able to record onto a memory card, be able to send an image or video when something significant crosses its path and be accessible via a smart phone (iPhone). Clarity of image is critical, especially in low light conditions.

I've been looking at Y-cam, Axis and Mobotix. Any recommendations would be gratefully received

Thanks,

I've never used Y-cam but have used Axis and Mobotix and they are good quality cameras. Are you planning to just record to an SD card and not have an NVR? There are definitely options from Axis that can do on-camera motion detection and can email you.