Sign in to follow this  
geo_dvr

Any geovision 720x576 or 640x480 with audio

Are there any geovision cards that can record at 720x576 (Not De-Interlace) or 640x480 (Not De-Interlace) with audio. The de-interlaced recordings are quite poor quality. Maybe the new Combo cards can do this. like thw GV-1120?

The Deinterlace is good quality on this side, what hardware are you using, monitor, etc?

All the Geo settings are the same across the boards as far as resolution.

P4 2.6GHz, 1GB ram, Creative sound card, ATI x700 Graphics card, ABit AI7 (Intel 865) motherboard.

The picture quality at 720x576 (Not De-Interlace) is poorer than the 640x480 (Interlaced) or maybe even a lower interlaced resolution?

use the DSP out to a CCTV monitor, you will be impressed.

What cameras are you using? With high res cameras there is a difference between 640 and 720 in the recording quality, with 720 being crisper.

What version software are you using?

Is the dsp out ( in ver8.0)on the combo cards going to be the same as vga out on the pc.ie full gui instead of just the camera's?

My main point was why do you have to be limited to the poor 720x576 (De-Interlaced) resolution and cannot use the 720x576 (Interlaced) resolution. I am only using two cameras!!

If only two cams are used on a GV800 the higher quality resolution should be allowed with Audio recording ????????

Interlaced is less quality than de-interlaced.

Using interlaced (the normal resolution selection next to corresponding de-interlace selection) is clearly higher quality.

Thats the reason why geovision only let you use the de-interlace because their card probably cannot haddle it without the de-interlace.

The images are much more clearer compared to the de-interlaced. I have tested this and it is a fact!

What is Interlaced and de-interlaced video?

To get a picture on any screen, one picture (frame) is made up of two identical pictures merged together. Whether it is interlaced or not, depends how the signal is sent out from the playing device and how it is decoded by the monitoring screen (i.e. TV or Plasma etc.,).

Interlaced Video scans from top to bottom twice to produce one picture (frame) but uses only half of its resolution per scan.

De-Interlaced uses the full resolutions of each scan, therefore improving the picture quality.

I am not sure was the definition is right now for de-interlaced but on a geovision GV800 if you select the de-interlaced resolution the image is much much poorer than the normal resolutions.

maybe its just the PAL versions ?

What is the screen size you are using, windows settings, etc ...

I tried both 720 non and de interlace and they were the same, with 720 de interlace having no lines in the image when cars or people move in front of it.

maybe its just the PAL versions ?

What is the screen size you are using, windows settings, etc ...

I tried both 720 non and de interlace and they were the same, with 720 de interlace having no lines in the image when cars or people move in front of it.

I have Baxall cameras with 680 TV Lines (PAL) so the camera resolution is no problem. Windows XP screen resolution is 1280x1024 at 85Hz. The GV-800 Multicam Panel resolution is 1024x768 (Tried 1280x1024 but does not make any difference). Tried the card on another PC but makes no difference. Maybe its just that the Geovision cards produce poorer images when set to de-interlace?

Not that I could see, but ill do another comparison when i put the card back in here this weekend, take some snapshots and let you guys decide ..