nesperas

Pelco Spectra III Camera Head Issue

Dear,

I'm new here and I 'm sorry if I'm open another topic with same question.

I have two Pelco Spectra III camera both with different camera Head, one has the Hitachi VK-S434ER and the other has the VK-S274ER.

So like both cameras are have FOCUS problem I bought another two head cameras, but I bought the VK-S454ER and both don't work on my cameras.

The symptom is, after power on I just see black monitor and the message Video loss appear and disapear, appear and disapear, all the time.

I think thast this could be something related to firmware issue I don't know but if someone can give me a tip I will be grateful.

Thankyuou for your attention

Best regards

João Santos

Hi there! If you're interested in finding the best camera-head on the market, I'd recommend checking that link: www.medicalexpo.com/medical-manufacturer/camera-head-5047.html. It really help me chose the ideal solution for my place.

nesperas,

Yes, camera and firmware are closely linked. Typically, you must replace the firmware if you replace one camera model with another.

João,

I just confirmed with my PTZ Tech that you cannot replace one camera model with another in Spectra III's and IV's. Each camera model requires its own firmware and the firmware chip is soldered to the Receiver/driver PC Board.