Sign in to follow this  
1Diesel

Looking For Avigilon demo

I have downloaded it in the past,but none of my cameras worked. Since then they have all been replaced with Hikvision. Im looking to either run the client on my mac through vmware or use the web client.

Im currently using milestone but the client uses 80% of my resources on the virtual machine with 3 cores deticated to it. In playback 100% . I am using 4 3MP cameras.

Thanks

Playing back HD video is tough on a CPU. What I do with Milestone is there's an option to use the second stream. What it does is makes the live view your second stream which you can make D1 resolution but recordings, playback are at full resolution. You'll see the CPU drop down to 1/4th. Generally, live viewing several cameras is not going to make much of a difference in video quality, after all, four 3MP cameras is 12MP and you monitor is likely only 2MP. Also, make sure you are using camera side motion detection as server side motion is the default on Milestone. I wrote a post about how to do this recently.

You can download the software using the link below. Once installed you can select a 30 demo of any version of the software CORE, STANDARD or ENTERPRISE.

Avigilon will automatically handle both streams from the camera without any configuration in Avigilon. You also have the ability to configure both streams in the camera to your needs. All motion detection is done in the camera.

Hikvision works very well with Avigilon's VMS and is super easy to setup.

http://avigilon.com/support-and-downloads/for-software/software-updates-and-downloads/

Playing back HD video is tough on a CPU. What I do with Milestone is there's an option to use the second stream. What it does is makes the live view your second stream which you can make D1 resolution but recordings, playback are at full resolution. You'll see the CPU drop down to 1/4th. Generally, live viewing several cameras is not going to make much of a difference in video quality, after all, four 3MP cameras is 12MP and you monitor is likely only 2MP. Also, make sure you are using camera side motion detection as server side motion is the default on Milestone. I wrote a post about how to do this recently.

OK, pips needs to check this out. as I didn't change this.