Jack_Brabham

Dome only using BNC and no power

This is a new one to me, I have came across a system (old) cameras standard dome no ir they have bnc and 12v dc plugs

thing is camera end the dc is empty and bnc is used and its working! does anyone know why this is, not sure on system make, need to replace DVR with a newer one with networking will this still work or is the dvr powering the camera Im not sure if anyone knows please let me know

Jack (oh and i hope this is in the right forum)

This is a new one to me, I have came across a system (old) cameras standard dome no ir they have bnc and 12v dc plugs

thing is camera end the dc is empty and bnc is used and its working! does anyone know why this is, not sure on system make, need to replace DVR with a newer one with networking will this still work or is the dvr powering the camera Im not sure if anyone knows please let me know

Jack (oh and i hope this is in the right forum)

In years gone by there were cameras that were powered over the coax using a system called phantom powering. (google for more info) . I don't know of any that had the option of phantom or direct powering but they may have existed.

It sounds to me that the best option would be to replace the lot.