sub-lime

Setup of CCTV Online

Hi All,

I am new to CCTV setup's and i have read through a few articles online but really not getting anywhere.

I will explain my setup as well as possible.

I have a H.264 16 Channel Camera system running which is all wired up and running 100%; however the time has come to set

it up online.

I have a fast internet ADSL connection using a Netgear DGN2200M v2 Router.

Since my ADSl router is in a seperate room from the Camera's DVR system i need to set up wirelessly.

I got a Totolink EX300 Range extender / Access Point which has an ethernet plug and obviously wireless (2 arials)

The Current DVR has Ethernet only so my plan is to conenct the DVR to the Totolink via Ethernet and have the video feed

wirelessly transmitted to the router and online.

I have read about port forwarding and all this jargon but have absolutely no clue! I'm pretty tech savvy but the networking side of things is not my fortè.

ANY idea how to do this?

Thanks

basically the dvr will communicate using certain ports maybe 1 port for video stream (eg port 4001 and another port for control data eg port 4002)- most routers have most ports blocked thus stopping communications from the outside world- so to get access from the outside world to your dvr you need to know what ports are being used by the dvr-this should be in the manual- then you need to set up some rules within the router set up usually within the firewall section to allow information to and from these ports to be allowed through the router.

try basic search on dvr port forwarding on this forum or on google and you should get the idea.