Z2TT

Cannot access Hik Vision Camera to set WDR

Hi.

I've been trying to figure out how to set WDR on the Hik Vision cameras. From what I take it this cant be done through the DVR, and you must connect the camera directly to your router and access it via it's IP.

So I have noted the IP of the camera when its connected to my NVR which is "192.168.254.2" and tried to access that via HTTP once the camera is connected directly to my router (unplug from NVR and connect direct to router).

The IP of my computer is 192.168.1.2 and my router is 192.168.1.1

The NVR is at 192.168.1.11

So I tried typing into the browser "http://192.168.254.2" and I cannot access it. I tried changing the subnet mask on my network settings to 255.255.0.0 and also 255.0.0.0 but still cant get to it.

So I'm unsure exactly what the IP is of the Camera when it's not connected to a DVR, I have tried to use the program from Hik Vision to scan for it but nothing comes up.

I tried 192.0.0.64 both on port 80 and 8000 as on the Hik Vision manual it states that is a factory IP for a camera. Still that does not work.

What should I do? Must I be using a POE Switch to power up the camera?

As on the Hik Vision user manual it does not mention anything about a POE Switch for accessing it to change settings.

I notice when I plug the cable in to my regular switch, the light on the switch does not light up, where as all other devices/computers when you plug them in, the LED on the router lights up right away.

I have tried pinging the supposed IP address of the camera (192.0.0.64) but no reply

So I have noted the IP of the camera when its connected to my NVR which is "192.168.254.2" and tried to access that via HTTP once the camera is connected directly to my router (unplug from NVR and connect direct to router).

The IP of my computer is 192.168.1.2 and my router is 192.168.1.1

The NVR is at 192.168.1.11

Hi!

The answer on your question is in your post!

192.168.1.11 - is external IP of NVR

192.168.254.2 - is internal IP of POE NVR SWITH. ONLY INTERNAL!!!

There is no routing between these interfaces.

Try to upgrade NVR firmware or use external POE SWITCH.

Use the same subnet address in IPC 192.168.1.XXX!

Hi.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help.

I plugged the camera into a 12v power supply on its individual 12v power plug, now I'm able to access the camera through 192.168.254.3, from what it seems the NVR must have changed the IP of the camera somehow on first plugin. as I thought default camera IP as stated on manual was 192.0.0.64.

So with the camera plugged into my switch, I'm able to access it from the computer now through 192.168.254.3

Is there any way to change the cameras WDR settings and such when its plugged into the NVR?

as it may be inconvenient to have to plug from the NVR to a switch when wanting to change settings on the fly, from what I can see certain settings cant be accessed from the NVR which is quite inconvenient.

Is there any way to change the cameras WDR settings and such when its plugged into the NVR?

as it may be inconvenient to have to plug from the NVR to a switch when wanting to change settings on the fly, from what I can see certain settings cant be accessed from the NVR which is quite inconvenient.

It's my pleasure!

What is your NVR model and firmware?

I'm new to the Hik Vision platform, still getting used to it and few things I can't get to work, mainly motion detection does not want to record no matter what.

DS-7616NI-SE/P

FW Version - V2.3.7 build 131112

Encoding - V1.0 build 130719

It seems to me that is the latest firmware!

I thought that Hick has long realized that what you are looking for!

But there is nothing wrong to adjust the camera separately, although the same manufacturer should be sequentially setting devices.

But maybe you just have not found this item WDR?

I'm new to the Hik Vision platform, still getting used to it and few things I can't get to work, mainly motion detection does not want to record no matter what.

DS-7616NI-SE/P

FW Version - V2.3.7 build 131112

Encoding - V1.0 build 130719

What is the firmware on the camera?

I had this problem before

Also check to make sure motion is enabled on the NVR and that an event schedule is set up

The latest NVR 2.3.8 firmware allows direct WDR adjustments, no need for the ordeal you're going through.

I have the latest available, but it is clear that since December 2013 have passed a lot of time and should be fresh firmware.

Where can I download this firmware?

I'll have a look and see if I can find the WDR Settings through my DVR, might be hiding in there somewhere that I cant see.

The latest DS-76xxNI-SE(P)_USA_Firmware_v2.3.9_140704_Beta.zip

Have you tried it out and noticed any differences?

I do not have such an NVR, but I disassembled both firmware and compared their part.

Multiple differences: the kernel, the core application hicore, web component player.

It makes sense to update and view

This might not matter but would linking that firmware be the "right one" for the OP...?

The reason I'm asking is that I bought the DS-7608NI-SE/P and it came with the same revision of firmware as the OP first noted ( V2.3.7 build 131112) and I was told by the seller over at Aliexpress to not use the USA firmwares but to use the EU ones and thus I upgraded my NVR to V2.3.7 Build 140609. That is the latest one on the Hikvision EU site for download.

The Image settings noted by the OP from his last picture shows the WDR etc functionality and this whole section is missing in the firmware I updated the NVR to.

Again I was advised not to use the US firmware as that would not be the right one for my NVR, but I do not know if that applies to the OP or even if it is valid...?

I have used the EU/US versions on my NVR, both the same.

Thanks for that confirmation

I have upgraded to the 2.3.9 beta and posted about a concern about it, in the section from the above link, regarding scheduled recordings. This "issue" has been resolved as it seems that the problem was related to the cache in Firefox. Once cleaned then I got the "new" UI changes without the old ones also being present.

Yep, see this image for details.

Can you see in the NVR web interface the functionality which is under the section "Events" of the firmware later than 5.1.2 version such as Face detection, Traversing Virtual plane, Intrusion detection, scene change detection?

In other words teh questions are:

1. which camera version do you have

2. What are the 4 characters in the middle of your serial of the NVR and

3. if you can see and control all the camera functionality from within the NVR interface with firmware 2.3.8.

This might not matter but would linking that firmware be the "right one" for the OP...?

The reason I'm asking is that I bought the DS-7608NI-SE/P and it came with the same revision of firmware as the OP first noted ( V2.3.7 build 131112) and I was told by the seller over at Aliexpress to not use the USA firmwares but to use the EU ones and thus I upgraded my NVR to V2.3.7 Build 140609. That is the latest one on the Hikvision EU site for download.

The Image settings noted by the OP from his last picture shows the WDR etc functionality and this whole section is missing in the firmware I updated the NVR to.

Again I was advised not to use the US firmware as that would not be the right one for my NVR, but I do not know if that applies to the OP or even if it is valid...?

I have the same experience.

I have a HIK DS-7604NI-SEP with serial number that contains the characters BBRR in the middle of the string. I tried to upgrade from firmware 2.3.7 build 131112 to the firmware 2.3.8 build 140513 from the USA HIK ftp site and it failed half way through with the message "Upgrading failed, no enough flash memory". It also failed when I tried the USA firmware 2.3.7 build 140122.

Careful these are the 5 versions of 2.3.7 available in total sorted by date.

Version 2.3.7 build 131112 from the European portal most commonly ecountered in many HIK 760X NVRs (file size 13.677.413

Version 2.3.7 build 140122 from the USA HIK ftp site (file size 14.831.804)

Version 2.3.7 build 140327 from the European portal (file size 15.461.588)

Version 2.3.7 build 140411 from the European portal (file size 15.456.928)

Version 2.3.7 build 140609 from the European portal (file size 14.270.397)

Then the following firmware versions followed (file size 14.830.554)

Version 2.3.8 build 140513 from the USA HIK ftp site (file size 14.209.552)

Version 2.3.9 build 140704 beta from the USA HIK ftp site

If anyone else has additional information or know anything better, please advise.

I only managed to upgrade with the latest European build 140609. I have NOT tried upgrading to 2.3.9 build 140704 beta yet.

What is this flash memory? Why smaller firmwares can not fit in the flash memory and the larger firmwares are acceptable and only from the European portal? Is there a connection with the 4 characters in the serial in the same way as the region in the cameras firmwares?

I urge anyone who has upgraded succesfully this NVR to inform us which model they have upgraded, the characters in the serial number and from which version firmware they upgraded to which version taking into account the above information of the firmware history.

I have the same experience.

I have a HIK DS-7604NI-SEP with serial number that contains the characters BBRR in the middle of the string. I tried to upgrade from firmware 2.3.7 build 131112 to the firmware 2.3.8 build 140513 from the USA HIK ftp site and it failed half way through with the message "Upgrading failed, no enough flash memory". It also failed when I tried the USA firmware 2.3.7 build 140122.

Careful these are the 5 versions of 2.3.7 available in total sorted by date.

Version 2.3.7 build 131112 from the European portal most commonly ecountered in many HIK 760X NVRs (file size 13.677.413

Version 2.3.7 build 140122 from the USA HIK ftp site (file size 14.831.804)

Version 2.3.7 build 140327 from the European portal (file size 15.461.588)

Version 2.3.7 build 140411 from the European portal (file size 15.456.928)

Version 2.3.7 build 140609 from the European portal (file size 14.270.397)

Then the following firmware versions followed (file size 14.830.554)

Version 2.3.8 build 140513 from the USA HIK ftp site (file size 14.209.552)

Version 2.3.9 build 140704 beta from the USA HIK ftp site

If anyone else has additional information or know anything better, please advise.

I only managed to upgrade with the latest European build 140609. I have NOT tried upgrading to 2.3.9 build 140704 beta yet.

What is this flash memory? Why smaller firmwares can not fit in the flash memory and the larger firmwares are acceptable and only from the European portal? Is there a connection with the 4 characters in the serial in the same way as the region in the cameras firmwares?

I urge anyone who has upgraded succesfully this NVR to inform us which model they have upgraded, the characters in the serial number and from which version firmware they upgraded to which version taking into account the above information of the firmware history.

I have upgraded without issue to the latest beta firmware noted.

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/P bought from Aliexpress. It has BBRR within the serial number.

I had the following firmware prior to the upgrade....

Version 2.3.7 build 140609 from the European portal

I have four Hikvision cameras attached via a POE switch at the time of the upgrade and they were recording.

The upgrade went without issue.

My DS-7608NI-SE / P has the BBRR and it upgraded to 2.3.8 with no problems.

Did you check if your flash drive was compatible?

My DS-7608NI-SE / P has the BBRR and it upgraded to 2.3.8 with no problems.

Did you check if your flash drive was compatible?

What do you mean " ... flash drive was compatible"? The NVR recognised the USB memory stick, it started reading the firmware file and approximately at 50% progress it gave the error " Upgrading failed .... ".

From the previous post I am suspecting that it may not be possible to jump some firmware versions. I will try the 2.3.8 and if successfull then I will try the 2.3.9 beta.