altos

Newbie with simple questions (then again, I am simple...)

I am looking for a decent 4 camera 720p or 1080p system to be mounted in the eves of a residence. Dome cameras won't work so it has to be bullet. I was going to go with a 700TVL BNC/RG59 connected system but finding quality images appears problematic. If I go with an IP system it appears... that all I need to run is an ethernet cable to each camera as it will supply signal and power. Is that (typically) correct? I don't really intend to remote monitor, rather, will simply run it as a recording device to be viewed if an exception occurs. It appears... too simple. Run the cables, attach a monitor, hook it up and power up. Could it be that simple? I am looking at Lorex LNR200/NVR200's...

And, if I want to make things more difficult, the DVR and router and separated by 100 feet and running a cable between them is an issue. Can I use an 802.11g adapter at the DVR and link to the rounter should I decide that remote monitoring is a "good thing" ?

Thank you !!!

Are you fond od viewing the top of people's heads? The cameras can afford to go a little lower unless you live in a single storey property.

Connection the DVR to the router can be achieved either by running a cat5 and terminating it in-situ or by using a homeplug if your DVR and router use the same consumer unit. This is very reliable but to answer your question you can find an adapter to connect the DVR to the router via 802.11x but unfortunately you will have toi identify an adapter that is compatible

You can also run both power and signal on a single cat5 if you want to

252993_1.jpg