frosted

megapixel cameras

Adding hardware encyrption to the mix will add a layer of overhead and it still doesn't prevent network sniffing and man in the middle attacks. I can still kick the camera off the network and I can still send false data to the server.

Hardware encryption is a wonderful thing but you are going to add to latency to the network. You are also going to increase network traffic (encyrption always increases file size, depending on the type of incryption you are generally looking at 1% to 10% for good encryption.) on a tight amount of bandwith. Adding latency is going to kill frame rate and create havock with motion detection.

i can see your point (and thomas did u get my pm about acsess to dealer area chap?)

however - if you using a key system you can send false data as each device used has a key to even allow data traffic. is hardware not software. false data to the server? what kind. will only accept input on the input switch if the right key is present.

Yes of course you can disrupt the wireless signal but to do this is not normal and would require serious kit to knock out a well setup wireless system.

motion detection is not a good idea for court admissible evidence in the uk. have been some intersting cases here regarding it,

and bandwith is not really an issue on decent wireless network setups if they are dedicated purly for the purpose.