Sign in to follow this  
TheRock598

splitters for surveillance system

Hi All,

I have a new system with 8 channel system with 4 cams included and a 4-1 power splitter cable. Actually its 4 leads for the cams and 1 for the dvr and one connector for power supply.

So if I wanted to add 4 more cams do the 8-1 power splitter cable come with 9 power leads and one power supply connector? If not then its only 7 for cams and one for dvr right? The pics on the 8-1 only show 8 leads and a power supply connector.

thanks

Usually, no they dont, buy a 2way and an 8way.

Does your power supply have enough amps to support the DVR and all eight cameras?

Remember if you buy a second Power supply to ensure it is rated 12v DC and is regulated.

Thanks for the reply.

My system is a LaView LV-KDV2804W1

I have a Channel Well technology KPL 040F 3.33A +12V that came with the system.

If I only bought the 8-1 splitter or even a 4-1 splitter, would that connect to the one of the power leads on the 4-1 splitter I have now? Would that be too much power drain from one lead if I connected only 2 more cams for a total of 6 cam?

Maybe I would have to buy another power supply?

thanks

I use a clamp amp meter myself. Then there is no guessing. Note my cameras tend to use twice the amount of amperage at night when the IR LED's switch on.

Also to use a clamp amp meter, the meter needs to be able to measure DC (Direct Current). And it needs to be able to clamp around one power wire (not the entire cable).