jay007

Help & advice needed

I repair computers for my local gym and they asked me to look at why the door access system is not working. It never has worked right since it was put in. Works and then doesn't. It is used for 3 doors. The main entrance and 2 changing rooms. The readers on each door are just cheap usb readers and for starters the distance has to be a major problem. They are also not happy with the software used for accessing members details etc. I have suggested a new door access control system for them as it is a complete disaster at the moment. This is where I hope someone can help me as I know jack **** about access control systems but I know enough not to go near what is there at present. They have about 300 members at present. As usual cost is a factor as it always is but I have told them you get what you pay for. They had an old system and it never gave them any problems. They changed it because a board member said he can get cheaper swipe cards and they would save a ton of money. Below is some pics of what they have now. I don't know if this was part of their original system or the guys who put in the cheap usb card readers put it in. I found one of their old rfid reader and it was made by HID. Coming from a computer background I would prefer IP based access but as I said cost will be a factor.

254054_1.jpg

254054_2.jpg

254054_3.jpg

254054_4.jpg