BigSplash

Ultra High Image Quality Camera

I own a small car wash chain and would like some help with camera selection. We are installing a NVR system (MILESTONE) throughout the property to monitor activity, but we also need to install two to three cameras at the beginning of our car wash tunnel to inspect cars for preexisting damage such as paint chips or scratches. There are a few systems pre-bundled systems that accomplish this very well, but we would like to develop our own system to give us more flexibility.

What I will call the inspection cameras need to have very high resolution, be outdoor rated (no water will be spraying them!), IP based. I will not need anymore than 24 hours of footage for these and 15 fps should be sufficient.

Also looking for a recommendation for our cashier POS, this would be used to watch for loss prevention and to research cash shortages.

Finally any recommendations for lobby and parking lot cameras would be helpful as well.

I have been looking at the axis cameras as well as beginning to research Hikvision and Dahua.

Thank You

Keep Your Cars Clean!

Just so happens I'm in the same boat. Looking for the perfect tunnel cams for preexisting damage. Thus far I would suggest Axis as being a quality camera. I am currently testing the Act E77 but at this point I am not very satisfied. I would suggest a varifocal lens (optical) though because if you have to rely upon digital zoom quality goes out the window. If you'd like to compare notes over the next month or two please contact me for my email. Not sure how on this board.