WatchingHome

get audible alert when gate opens

My gate is 5 meters from the front of the house. I want to have a pir on the front of the house that will sound an alert inside when the gate is opened. It would need to be disabled during the day and easily enabled on timer

I would also like a sound audible to the person when they open the gate. Maybe a beep that will sound until it is closed. Could this be done with a waterproof battery powered alarm on the gate?

Or maybe just one beep because if left open it will possibly drain battery?. I want them to know their presence is known

I would appreciate it anyone could make suggestions as to how these goals could be achieved

Search google.com for the words...

door annunciator

Note there are "home automation" gizmos, which when they receive a signal a door has opened, can then "do something". Like then send a signal to an interior chime and also send a signal to an outdoor chime.

Or less expensive might be to buy two door annunciators - one sounds a signal inside, the other outside.

A simple magnetic contact, power supply or battery, and a buzzer could continually make a sound outside until the gate is closed. Ask at an electronics store like Radio Shack in the U.S. Or search for "alarm magnetic contact". You would need to get the type which makes electrical contact when the door opens. (Most do the opposite - some have 3 connections and do both.)