Sign in to follow this  
Defcon

Accessing new Hikvision Camera

Each new camera I get, I have to use an old router and set the IP Address range on it to the same range as the new camera so I can access it direct via the browser.

The SADP app I think it is doesn't find it unless the computer you are running the program on is the same IP range as the camera. One I change the camera to the same ip config as my network, i.e. 192.168.1.x then the SADP app locates it.

Is there another way of doing it?

Each new camera I get, I have to use an old router and set the IP Address range on it to the same range as the new camera so I can access it direct via the browser.

The SADP app I think it is doesn't find it unless the computer you are running the program on is the same IP range as the camera. One I change the camera to the same ip config as my network, i.e. 192.168.1.x then the SADP app locates it.

The sadp application will find the camera and allow you to make changes regardless of the ip range of your router.

The other way to do it by changing your pcs network settings...there are lots of posts here about doing it that way.

I'm an admitted newb compared to most here, but I couldn't get SADP to work even when I was within the same range on my laptop. I know others have made statements in other threads like "I can never get SADP to work". I could only get it to work by setting my laptop's ip range to the camera's manually and then logging into its default IP, then setting it to DHCP and rebooting the cam.

I would think SADP utilizes multicasting which would mean your LAN range is irrelevant. I would make sure there is nothing stopping your PC/app receiving multicast messages.

My SADP test found 2 Hik 2032 cams, both set to the same default IP address, from a PC on a completely different subnet, and let me reset each one's IP address to my current subnet. I'm not sure what enables that, but it worked for me.