I've seen cameras out there that are built into a motion dector, and they use a memory stick to record still images. The recording is triggered by the motion detector. Sometimes sold under the name "Memo cam". The flash memory stick can then be taken to a PC and downloaded.

What I'm looking for is the recorder unit, without the motion detector or even the camera attached to it. Want to use our own camera ( as it will be hidden / disguised ) and have the recording triggered by a switch instead of motion.

Does anybody know where I might be able to find this?

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks for the link. I'd already looked at the crow site, and e-mailed them, but they wont sell it without the motion detector & camera package which we don't want. Do you know where they source their components, or do they build the thing from scratch?

Robert

Sorry I didnt' read your post carefully enough. No I haven't seen any OEM parts that you could buy that just do the recording. I'll keep an eye out and check with some of my CCTV resources.

.....looking for is the recorder unit, without the motion detector or even the camera attached to it.....

>>>>>> http://www.crowelec.com/memowave.html <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Crow offers the 'memo wave' which will do all that, but I looked at the brochure since their 'technical specs' are pretty vague. With a MAXIMUM jpeg image file size of 25K it can't be saving any kind of decent (prosecutable) imagry! They say the unit has 4 resolution settings, but they don't say what the resolution IS...

I'd like to see a 'driveless' DVR using memory instead of hard drives, for the purpose you describe but the thing needs to be capable of high resolution.

I would have expected 200K and up file sizes for prosecuteable jpeg's...