eddiesteel

Looking for complete Analog System for Retail Shoe Store

Hello Everyone,

I am opening a retail shoe store and need to setup my Security cameras. My contractor prewired the store with Swann BNC Cable. We have a total of 6 available camera spaces inside and 2 available for outside cameras. Im looking for a 8-16 Camera DVR and was hoping for the best analog cameras for a store. I wanted them to be dome cameras with tinted glass for inside and whichever is best for the outside. I'd like to budget at about 120$ per camera. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Eddie

to bad you wired a new install with BNC...regardless, you can do an SDI system a but more than your budget buy you should much better picture than the cheaper stuff

http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&refine=&keyword=sdi+camera

Thanks for advice. So this will work off of straight BNC? Also just for my info what would have been the better pre wiring a I am making another store and will control the prewire this time.

Also if anyone has another suggestion for a system under 2k that will work well on BNC.

Thanks!

you can buy any cctv system except an ip system to work over coax .its not the end of the world .

if your looking to save money then you made the right choice . ip systems tend to be more expensive .

however I would NOT recommend any "all in one box" system typically found at Costco and the like .

besides the obvious quality , reliability and tech support issue's , these systems typically come with

4,8 or 16 of the same exact camera's . I have never designed a system with 4,8,or 16 of the same camera's . most installs require several different camera styles and lenses because each camera location will have a different requirement .

an hd-sdi 1080p dvr and cams would probably give you the best recording but the most expensive of your options .

an hd-cvi dvr and cams will save you a lot of money especially a 720p set-up while still giving you a very good recording especially if you use the right camera and lens at each location.

then there is good old fashion analog which when installed and set-up correctly can do a pretty good job but with the price of hd-cvi , analog cant compete .

i do not know if your contractor has any system design experience so you may want to get varifocal camera's instead of fixed focus cam's to compensate for that . 2.8mm-12mm should be fine .

your last and possibly best option is to get a 16 channel tribrid dvr and 8 hd-cvi cam's . then you can get your security up and working under budget . take some time and figure out if you need any more cam's . if so , now you can get hd-cvi or ip camera's because you will need more wiring anyway .

sales floor cam's are important but theft also comes from employees so you will need stock room cam's too.

and a dvr with POS capability would be an smart choice .

I agree with the above.. HDSDI is your BEST solution but the hD cvi products are pretty nice looking..It's relatively new but all the hardware is warrantied just the same. Where are you located? An all in one out of the box system is hard to beat price wise but you will most likely not be happy with what comes in the kit and end up spending the extra money anyhow.. CVI is cheap and 720. The new building should be wired in both siamese Coax and cat5. I am willing to bet you will be happy with the cvi.. how high are you planning on mounting these cameras?