lp3138

Checkpoint PTZ readdressing/changing numbers

I see there are many threads without answers to this question.

So you have just either moved/installed a Checkpoint PTZ and want to change the number/address of the PTZ so that you may move it with your Checkpoint controller.

Who doesn't like pictures to help with this process also? (If they upload correctly)

First of all you will need the Checkpoint Clarity Concept joystick controller with the soft buttons, I tried using the older Checkpoint controller that has hard keys like a keyboard, and every time I went into Menu, I could not locate anything about changing the address of the PTZ. Hopefully you have/can obtain this Concept controller, otherwise I don't know how to do this on the older controller.

You can leave the PTZ in the ceiling if you want, but it's much easier when it is right next to you.

1. Press Menu Select on controller.

2. With joystick, scroll down to About.

3. Go to Service.

4. Go to Insert Device.

5. At this point it will ask you to press Service Pin located on the PTZ itself. Locate the metal shield kind of near the camera, you will see a tiny hole on top, press this button with a paperclip and the screen will change automatically.

6. Get to the option to Change Node and then select your number, I believe it has to be a two digit number (01, 02, 03) and not just 1, 2, 3.

7. Then press Enter and you're done! For me my controller had frozen after I pressed enter, all I had to do was unplug the controller, plug it back in and select the number that I changed the PTZ to and it worked. The video for the PTZ was stuck in the Menu options too so I just pressed Menu until the Menu Options went away.

Hope I didn't dumb this down too much but seeing as there is absolutely no help online or from Checkpoint themselves, I wanted to put as much detail as I could.

Good luck and catch those thieves.

cp1.thumb.jpg.488c2205d79495320b5cd337607de462.jpg

cp2.thumb.jpg.8452ac9b899980bc4b6808de0e487da6.jpg

cp3.thumb.jpg.10eb78d5581e1cabb7fada7b2337451c.jpg